A new year brings resolutions and wish lists and here are my wishes for customer service in 2015:
- When someone answers the phone or greets me in a store, they welcome me, just like they would welcome me into their home.
- If I call Customer Service and am put on hold, I am given the estimated wait time with an additional option of calling me back.
- Whenever I have a question, don’t tell me “no” or “can’t.” Rather, let me know how you can help.
- When I go into a store or restaurant, every employee gives me his/her full attention. That means not being on a cell phone or talking with a co-worker.
- Check-out counters are sufficiently staffed so the wait is no longer than five minutes. If I have to wait, an associate will make eye contact, say hello and tell me that he/she will be with me soon.
- I will never receive another email that says, “Do not reply.”
- When I give a company my email address, I will not receive emails every day or even every week.
- Customer service representatives will not only be friendly, but able to educate me about products and services.
- I will be noticed and acknowledged either as a regular or first time customer.
- Companies will do something to show that my business still matters days or weeks after I purchase something.
What wishes do you have for better customer service in 2015?